Friday 22 June 2012

Transport Radio, The Netherlands on HF


I was listening on 6095 khz yesterday at 0945 UTC to a Dutch language broadcast on AM. I thought it might be Radio Netherlands broadcasting to South America as the music had a Latin flavour, but nope, it was Transport Radio from The Netherlands, a 24-hours internet station focused on road transport, inland waterways and rail. The music was great and I enjoyed listening.
I have also been enjoying VOA's broadcasts to Africa on the tropical bands on 4930 (Botswana tx) and 4940 (Sao Tome tx), and on Wednesday night they had a programme called "Explorations" about Buddhism and Christian monastic orders in the USA. They spoke to some young nuns of the Dominican Sisters of St Cecilia who had rejected the more westernized lives of their friends in exchange for a more peaceful life of the spirit. With that and some lovely plaintive Asian music from Radio XL in Birmingham on medium wave 1286 this morning, I realized it was this transporting of my mind to different places that I listen to radio and enjoy it so much.


7 comments:

  1. Hello Adam,

    I've been listening to the online stream of the "transport radio" station. The internet seems to be the thing of the future and I listen to a lot of them from a Wi-Fi radio. It's nice to discover your blog again and I'll drop by from time to time with the hopes of discovering some interesting things to hear on the airwaves.

    I've recently "rescued" an adorable little dog. There's some pictures on my radio blog. He's become a valuable member of the family. Say hello to Bradley for me.

    72's

    John N8ZYA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo John,

    What a nice surprise to see you on my SWL blog. I shall have a look at your new family member in a moment! What a joy it is to have a dog in your life. Can't imagine life pre-Bradley!

    I don't getup to much amateur radio these days and have returned to my main love of SWLing. Still go to the radio club. Every Monday now for over 3 years. I've made some terrific friends.

    Bye for now, Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Adam,

    I have to say, your logs are great. Its just so aggravating to be overpowered by the domestic Christian broadcasters here in the states.
    Its one of those things that just drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ryan, Thanks again for visiting the old blog and leaving some comments. Yeah, the high-powered local ones are a problem, aren't they. But I suppose to someone, somewhere, perhaps right down in South America, they are a nice DX target. We have Radio Devon on 1458khz and if they could just move off somewhere else I might just have a chance at hearing Gibralter on the same frequency which would be great! Bye for now, Adam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange packers and movers are backed by a vast distribution network and sound warehousing infrastructure. Reputed organization engaged in rendering Storage, Transportation and Value-added Services
    Movers and Packers Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Packers movers gurgaon - Safe Movers and Packers offers packers movers gurgaon and best Packing services in gurgaon we are best Packers movers Mumbai, Household Shifting Services in India.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having lived in Palm Beach Florida for several years, listening to the 97.9 WRMF has become a daily ritual for me. I start my day off with a healthy breakfast and tune in to 97.9. ’The WRMF Morning Show’ with Jennifer Ross, Deena Lang and Joe Raineri makes it the hottest show ever. Tune in today or stream online at www.wrmf.com

    ReplyDelete