Monday 8 October 2012

Portuguese Air Force on HF

I have returned from my holidays with a sprained knee so am unable to get out and about as much as usual. The upside of this is that I have more time to spend on the radio! I have had a few interesting logs this afternoon.

8992 Portuguese Air Force 1412UTC flight x27 wkg Lisboa w/several overs in Portuguese
8992 Hickam AFB, Hawaii 1431UTC with std broadcast. Very clear. First time ever for this AFB!
8764 (pres) USCG with an ALE data burst. Had to stop monitoring with the PC now on.

I have seen listed for Portuguese Air Force the following HF frequencies in addition to 8992 but am not sure how old/accurate the information is:

5687 khz
6685 khz
8992 khz (heard this one many times myself but guess they must have lower back-up HF freqs...)
9007 khz

This is a Nord 2502 Noratlas of the Portuguese Air Force pictured at Sintra AFB, Lisbon

I have a special interest in Portugal and the Portuguese language so expect to see more posts on the Portuguese Air Force.

Must get this PC off now and get the DX394 back on!



2 comments:

  1. Hey Adam, long time no speak, was going to subscribe to your blog but cant seem to be able to, nice to see you back on here again, my blog. www.cornishconnect.blogspot.co.uk

    73

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lawrie. I've neem a bit of a stranger haven't I. Glad you found my blog. I'm now about 95% SWLing and about 5% amateur radioing so it made sense to end the amateur radio blog. 73 and bye for now, Adam

    ReplyDelete